Summary: Delicious and satisfying, it’s a pleaser! Easily doubled.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained,coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or fat free half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and crushed red pepper.
- Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream, and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water. Drain.
- Bring sauce to a simmer. Add pasta to sauce and cook until pasta is heated through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Divide pasta between plates.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve, passing Parmesan separately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: misrecetasdecomida.es