I like the combination of warm fruits with cold cream topping, so I usually enjoy my dessert as soon as its done. But if you want to go the traditional way, you can use the refrigeration method stated above. But don’t leave the fruits open in the fridge for a long time as they would wilt and lose their moisture content. It is best to assemble the dessert 5 minutes before you want to serve these babies!
Recipe: Peach and Cherry Delight With Lavender Mascarpone Cream
- 1 large Peach – sliced
- 6-8 ripe cherries – halved, pit removed
- 2 tbsp whipped cream
- 2 tbsp sweet mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 tsp lavender essence
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp orange juice + 2 tbsp water
- Take a wide sauce pan and put on low heat. Add the orange juice and brown sugar along with 2 tbsp water and allow to boil till it forms a thick juicy syrup. Now put the sliced peaches, cut side down onto the syrup and allow them to saute gently for about 5 minutes. Turn them over when they become light golden orange in color. Repeat the same with the halved cherries. Sprinkle some fresh Rosemary leaves and allow the flavors to settle into the fruits. Turn off the flame, remove the pan from the stove and set aside for 5 minutes.
- To make the Whipped Cream topping, combine the whipped cream with the sweet mascarpone cheese and whip well with hand. Add the lavender essence and whip again to form soft peaks.
- In a dessert bowl, arrange a layer of sauteed peaches on the rim. Add a generous dollop of whipped cream topping in the middle, and top this with the sauteed cherries. Refrigerate the assembled bowls until ready to serve.