I love me a delicious trifle.. the mixture of cake, pudding, whipped cream and candy or fruit is the best of all worlds!! I decided to create a trifle that includes two of my favorite things.. peanut butter and chocolate. Turned out amazing!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Trifle
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 boxes of low fat chocolate jello instant pudding
- 4 cups of milk (as per the pudding directions)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (plus 2 tbsp for drizzling)
- 1 large container of low fat cool whip
- 1 bag of mini Reese peanut butter cups (chopped into pieces)
- 1 large bag of Reese's pieces
- Bake the cake as per the directions on the box. Let cool completely.
- Let cool whip thaw out until it's easier to spread.
- Make the pudding as per the directions on the box, at the very end before you let it set stir in the 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Let set.
- Crumble the cake into a trifle dish (or bowl), top with 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then add a layer of cool whip (1/2 the container), and then sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped Reese peanut butter cups and 1/2 the bag of Reese's pieces.
- Do another layer exactly the same: cake, pudding, cool whip, candy.
- Put the 2 tbsp of peanut butter into the microwave for about 45 seconds to melt, then drizzle over top of the trifle.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: TheHungryGirlsClub.blogspot.ca