Summary: Here is a dessert with the visual wow factor, just as much as the incredible taste. What an amazing recipe. We especially love that it is so quick and easy to put together. Plus, chocolate. What else needs to be said?
Recipe: Peanut Butter Cup Trifle
- 4 large brownies, cut into cubes
- 1 cup instant vanilla pudding–the pudding is already made
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups, cut into quarters
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tbs light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Prepare peanut butter sauce by mixing the peanut butter, cream, corn syrup and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until sugar is melted and sauce is very smooth. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Fold together the whipped topping and the vanilla pudding in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Assemble trifle by taking 4 mini trifle bowls or dishes of an equal size (a stemless wine glass or an old-fashioned glass works well here too), and build layers: layer 1/2 of the brownies on the bottom of the 4 trifle bowls. Next, layer 1/2 of the quartered peanut butter cups on top of the brownie layer, then top with 1/2 the pudding. Drizzle about 1-2 tbs of the peanut butter sauce over the pudding. Repeat the layer brownie and the pudding layer once more. Top with remaining quartered peanut butter cups and liberally drizzle with more peanut butter sauce–and yep, let the sauce drip down the sides!!! You can garnish with chocolate sprinkles if desired too.
- Remember–you are distributing what you have between 4 small bowls. Let your eye be your judge as to the amounts of each bowl so they will look even.