Recipe: Peanut Butter Fudge Puddles
For the shells:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar plus some for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the chocolate (fudge version is in parenthesis)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips (Omit)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (Omit)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt in bowl.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and white and brown sugars in separate bowl. Mix egg and vanilla in, then stir in flour mixture. Shape the dough into 48 1 inch balls. Sprinkle balls with white sugar. Place balls in mini muffin tin compartments.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.. Remove from oven and immediately make wells in the center of each by pushing down in the center using the underside of a teaspoon measure. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then remove to wire racks. If shells stick, push lightly around sides with knife then remove.
- Once all shells are baked, put chocolate chips, peanut chips, and peanut butter in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir in milk and vanilla, mix continuously.
- Use a decorating bag or measuring cup to fill each shell.