Summary: A delicious cheese stuffed chicken recipe with pepper jack. Add flavor with onions, paprika, and avocado.
- 4 (5 to 6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives or black olives
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Using a sharp knife, cut a parallel slit in the side of each chicken breast, forming a pocket, taking care not to cut through top or bottom of chicken. (Or, ask your meat retailer to do this for you at time of purchase).
- Mix 1 cup of the cheese, olives and green onion; stuff into pockets of chicken. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Combine paprika, oregano and garlic salt; rub mixture over chicken. Coat chicken lightly with cooking spray (preferably olive oil spray).
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 17 to 18 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle remaining cheese mixture over chicken. Continue baking 2 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top chicken with avocado and sour cream; sprinkle with additional paprika, if desired.
Preparation time: 12 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from Sargento.com