Summary: Stuffed Mushrooms are classic party food and with all of the holiday parties happening right now, there is no better time to share my Pepperoni and Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms with you!
- 24 fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 6 oz package of Pepperoni (dice small)
- 1 8 oz tub of Herb Cream Cheese
- Colby & Pepperjack cheese
- 2 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- fresh Italian parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Remove and chop mushroom stems.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sausage, onion, and garlic. Cook until no longer pink; drain. Mix in chopped mushroom stems, 1 tablespoon butter, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cream cheese and pepperoni.
- Dip mushroom caps in 1/4 cup melted butter, and stuff generously with meat mixture. Arrange stuffed mushrooms in a baking dish. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Bake for 20 add colby and pepperjack cheese cook 5 more minutes for cheese to melt. Dice fresh Italian parsley for garnish
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 10
Recipe adapted from: Allrecipes
Photo courtesy of: The Blue Moose