Recipe: Petite Lasagnas
Summary: I am not sure what it is about when food recipes are put into small muffin tins but I seriously love it! Anyone else have this obsession?
- 12 oz raw ground turkey (or use beef/sausage)
- ¼ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes, or tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp dried oregano, divided
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 ½ cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 24 small square wonton wrappers
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey, onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Crumble the meat and saute the mixture for about 10 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked through. Add the garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and 2 tsp of oregano. Bring the pan to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, a pinch of salt and pepper, the remaining teaspoon of oregano, and the basil. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 wonton wrapper into each of the 12 cups, pressing firmly in the bottom of the cup and up the sides.
- Using half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the 12 muffin cups. Next, using half of the turkey tomato sauce, spoon it evenly over each of the ricotta filled cups. Sprinkle with 2 tsp of mozzarella.
- Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer.
- Repeat the process by distributing the remaining ricotta, then the remaining tomato sauce, and finally the rest of the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Let the cups cool, remove them from the pan, and serve!
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: state-of-mynd
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12