Summary: These upscale cheesesteak sandwiches feature flaky puff pastry instead of ordinary rolls. They’re easy to make, and even easier to enjoy!
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced (about 1 cup)
- 6 oz. frozen beef sandwich steaks (4 portions), cut into thick strips
- 4 slices processed American cheese food product
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut into 4 (5-inch) squares.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove the onion from the skillet.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the sandwich steaks to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon one-fourth of the onion and one-fourth of the sandwich steaks on the bottom third of each pastry square. Top each with 1 slice cheese. Fold 2 opposite sides over the filling. Roll up like a jelly roll. Brush the pastries with the egg. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut the pastries in half diagonally to serve.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: PuffPastry.com