Recipe: Pickled Red Onions
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 serrano chiles, halved lengthwise
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Combine hot water, vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in glass bowl. Stir until sugar and salt dissolve. Add onions, serranos, and crushed red pepper. Stir to blend. Cover and chill overnight. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 week ahead. Keep chilled.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer pickled onions to plates and serve.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Bon Appetit