Recipe: Pink Piggie Cookies
Summary: My husband was out of town and the 2-year-old and I were just hanging around. You know what that means. Time to bake cookies!
- 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Red food coloring, about 16-20 drops
- Prepared white icing and M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Combine dough, flour and food coloring in large bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended and evenly colored. Divide dough into 20 equal pieces. For each pig, shape one dough piece into one 1-inch ball, one 1/2-inch ball and two 1/4-inch balls. Flatten 1-inch ball to 1/4-inch-thick round; place on prepared cookie sheet. Flatten 1/2-inch ball to 1/4-inch-thick oval; place on top of dough round for snout. Shape two 1/4-inch balls into triangles; fold point over and place at top of round for ears. Make indentations in snout for nostrils with toothpick.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Use white icing and M&Ms to make eyes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 11 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Sloblogs.TheTribuneNews.com