Recipe: Pistachio-Crusted Salmon
Summary: Turn any night into a special occasion with this 20-minute meal inspired by a Parisian bistro.
- 4 3-ounce salmon fillets (preferably WIld Alaskan)
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 oz pistachios, shelled (about 25)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- nonstick cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor or with a knife, chop pistachios until they are about the size of the bread crumbs. Mix with breadcrumbs, minced garlic and minced shallots and place on a deep plate.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Spread mustard evenly over one side of fillets, then press salmon into mixture on that same side.
- Place on baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes, or until top is browned and fish is cooked through.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: recipes.sparkpeople.com