Recipe: POM Breakfast Smoothie
Summary: This POM smoothie is full of super healthy antioxidants from the pomegranate juice and and the almonds. The banana provides a great source of potassium. This is being labeled as a breakfast smoothie, but it ain’t bad for a lunch smoothie either. Why is pomegranate juice (POM) so wonderful: Its has wonderful healthy benefits such as Antioxidants. There have been many Scientific Studies showing that POM can support a healthy cardiovascular system and helps with problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes Type II among others.
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1/2 cup blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or strawberries (or use a mix), plus extra to serve
- 1 cup POM wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- runny honey, to serve
- 2 tablespoons crushed almonds (optional)
- 3 table spoons protein powder (optional)
- Slice the banana into your blender or food processor and add the berries of your choice. Whizz until smooth. With the blades whirring, pour in juice to make the consistency you like.
- Toss a few extra fruits on top, drizzle with honey and crushed almonds to serve.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
Photo courtesy of: bbcgoodfood.com