Recipe: Potato Bacon Casserole
Summary: I liked this recipe from the start. It didn’t complicate things with tons of steps and most of the ingredients I had on hand.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 8-inch-square baking dish.
- LAYER 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers. Combine evaporated milk, egg and seasoned salt in small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.
- BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- So, the first tailgate breakfast was a pretty huge success. I wish I had made more because everyone wanted seconds. The only thing I would do differently is bake it longer. My oven seems to always take longer than required. Every recipe I read says ovens vary and adjust time accordingly.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: nestle usa