Summary: Some like it Hot Some like REAL HOT!!
- 1/2 kg Prawns (Medium or Big)
- 2 tbsp garlic – crushed
- 1 tsp level sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Ingredients for Sambal Berlado:
- 9 fresh red chillies
- 3 whole shallots
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 2 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp vinegar
- Marinate prawns with ingredients except cooking oil, for 1 hour.
- Heat cooking oil and fry the prawns for 5 minutes.
- Remove prawns and pour sambal berlado over prawns.
- Serve hot.
- Grind ingredients together and boil for 15 minutes.
Photo and Recipe adapted from: