The magic behind your boil, in my humble opinion, remains in the hands of two details. Fresh, Lively Crawfish, and your cooking liquid. The full spread, the potatoes and corn take on all of those wonderful flavors. The potatoes especially, the skins dry out and develop that salt crust and the insides take on the spice.
The magic behind your boil, in my humble opinion, remains in the hands of two details. Fresh, Lively Crawfish, and your cooking liquid.
- 15 lbs Live Louisiana Crawfish
- 4 Large Spanish Onions, quartered
- 6 Lemons, halved
- 4 Heads garlic, halved width-wise
- 8 Fresh Bay Leaves
- 3 Bags Crab Boil
- 1 bunch fresh Thyme
- 1 Cup Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Cayenne, or to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs Kosher Salt
- About 5 Gallons of water, or enough to fill a 30 Quart turkey fryer pot 3/4 full
- 3 lbs Small Redskin Potatoes
- 6 Ears of Fresh Corn, shucked, trimmed and cut in thirds
For instructions please visit: NolaCuisine.com
Note: If you can’t get your hands on Louisiana Crawfish check with any fish monger, or check with your butcher, some do special orders or tell you where to go.. or many Asian markets also carry Crawfish.