Recipe: Quesadillas with Cilantro Cream
Summary: Plan ahead and save time in the drive-thru.. You can have this on the table in the amount of time you would wait in line for fast food when your in a hurry for quick meal.. oh yeah plus the money you save can go for those new shoes you want!!
- For the Cilantro Cream:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 teaspoons green hot sauce
- For the Quesadillas:
- 2 cups leftover Mini Skillet Meatloaves, crumbled (or 1lb seasoned ground beef or ground turkey)
- 1 14.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Make the cilantro cream: Puree the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and hot sauce in a blender until smooth.
- Prepare the quesadillas: Mix the meatloaf, beans, scallion, cumin, cayenne, and salt and black pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese, then top with one-quarter of the meat mixture and another 1/4 cup cheese. Top with another tortilla and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining butter, tortillas and filling. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the cilantro cream.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from Foodnetwork.com