Summary: Ready in under 20 minutes, one of our favorites for a busy day!
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1 1/2 cups bottled green salsa
- 1 4 – ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican-style four-cheese blend (6 oz.)
- 8 6 – 7 – inches flour tortillas
- Refrigerated fresh salsa (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat broiler. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. In large microwave-safe bowl microcook on HIGH 7 minutes or until no pink remains, stirring twice. Drain liquid. Break up chicken slightly in bowl with back of wooden spoon. Add salsa and chilies. Cook 3 minutes more or until heated through, stirring once. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly down center of tortillas. Roll tortillas around filling and place in 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese over enchiladas. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, top with salsa and pass lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 7 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from Midwestliving.com