Recipe: Rainbow Slushie
Summary: Kids love this combination of cranberry juice, limeade, and orange juice. Freezing the ice mixtures keep the layers separate in this tangy, slushy drink recipe.
- 1/3 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, partially thawed
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
- 1/3 cup frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 12-ounce can lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
- In a small bowl, combine cranberry juice concentrate and 1 cup of the water. Pour mixture into a 1-1/2-quart baking dish. Combine orange juice concentrate and 1 cup water and pour into another 1-1/2-quart baking dish. In a third small mixing bowl, combine limeade concentrate, remaining 1 cup water, and green food coloring. Pour into a third 1-1/2-quart baking dish. Cover and freeze all dishes for 4 to 24 hours or until firm.
- Break up ice mixtures slightly with a spoon. Scoop one-sixth (1/3 cup) of the limeade juice mixture into each of six chilled 8-ounce glasses. Scoop one-sixth (1/3 cup) of the cranberry mixture atop limeade mixture in each glass. Spoon one-sixth (1/3 cup) of the orange juice mixture atop cranberry mixture in each glass. Gently pour 1/4 cup of the lemon-lime carbonated beverage into each glass. Stir before drinking, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Chill 4-24 hours
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe adapted from: Recipe.com