Summary: Each bite features fresh raspberries in a white chocolate cream, wrapped in flaky puff pastry…they’re simply divine!
- 1 tbsp. water
- All-purpose flour
- 1 pkg. (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 pkg. (6 ounces) raspberry
- 3 tbsp. coarse white sugar
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Using a round cutter, cut into 12 (3-inch) circles. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Stir the cream cheese and granulated sugar in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Brush the edges of 12 pastry circles with the egg mixture. Place about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in the center of each. Top each with about 3 raspberries. Place the remaining pastry circles over the filling. Press the edges firmly to seal. Crimp the edges with a fork. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the coarse sugar. Using a sharp knife, cut small slits in the tops of the filled pastries. Place the pastries onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Ingredient Note: Coarse white sugar is a coarse-grained sugar that adds a wonderful sweet, crunchy finish to baked goods. You can find it in the baking section of most specialty food stores and in select grocery stores.
- Flavor Variation: You can substitute 36 frozen sweet dark cherries, thawed and well drained, for the raspberries in this recipe.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe adapted from puffpastry.com