Recipe: Red Grape Sorbet
Summary: Red grape juice, like red wine, may offer protection from heart disease because of a compound in the skins of red grapes.
- 2 1/2 cups red grape juice, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- Combine 1/2 cup grape juice and gelatin in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in 2 cups grape juice. Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan. Freeze until almost firm.
- Break frozen mixture into pieces, and place in a food processor; process several seconds or until fluffy but not thawed. Return to freezer, and freeze until firm.
- Scoop sorbet into individual dessert dishes using an ice cream scoop. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
- carbo rating: 16
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe adapted from: Myrecipes.com