Recipe: Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup melted white chocolate
- 10 hard peppermint candies
- 2 cans Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter
- 2 packets Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Peppermint Stick Flavor Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix, flour, eggs, vegetable oil, water and buttermilk.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop batter onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Put no more than 6 to 8 on a sheet pan, as the batter will spread.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Peppermint Stick into 1 can of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Repeat with second can and packet.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the Peppermint Stick frosting you just created on the flat sides of half of the whoopie pies and top with remaining pies.
- Put peppermints in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin, crush them into a fine dust.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over top of whoopie pie. Sprinkle peppermint dust on wet white chocolate.
Hands-On Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 1 hour Servings: 40
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: DuncanHines.com