Summary: OK folks – listen up. It’s that time of year again where Summer is coming, the sun is shining and we need to fit into that teeny bikini again… If you aren’t into crab meat then switch it up and make this with tuna, shrimp or shredded chicken. If you want to make a sandwich try it on a whole wheat pita or low carb tortilla wrap to keep light! Enjoy!
- 1 lb cooked lump crab meat (can sub imitation crab, tuna, shrimp or chicken)
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- lemon juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced fine
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Jane’s Krazy Salt (or any seasoned salt you have)
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 2 mini fresh green chiles, diced fine (optional)
- 3 tablespoons light/low cal mayonnaise
- Garnish: salad greens, sliced avocado, lemon wedges
- Mix cooked crab meat with oil and vinegar and lemon juice, stir well and break up crab meat into flaky pieces.
- Add diced celery, orange or red pepper, onion, cucumber, cilantro, salt, pepper, crazy salt, chile flakes, green chiles and mayonnaise.
- Cover well and place salad in the refrigerator for an hour to chill and let the flavors meld. Serve over mixed greens with slices of avocado and fresh lemon wedges.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4-6