Recipe: Restaurant Teriyaki Sauce
Summary: Sweet, thick Halal Teriyaki sauce without Mirin or Sake added in the ingredients. This Teriyaki sauce is perfect for chicken and seafood dipping and marinade.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp potato starch (cornstarch is another good alternative)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Mix all the ingredients except potato starch and 1/4 cups water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
- Mix potato starch in cold water in a cup and stir until a smooth mixture forms. Add gently to sauce in pan.
- Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
- Add water to thin if you over-thick it.
Photo and Recipe adapted from: