One of our favorite ways to eat sweet potatoes is roasted. And, they are so delicious you forget that they are really good for you and that this preparation is actually lower in fat than all the other ways I can fix them! If you haven’t tried them roasted, this is a must try!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling potatoes after cooked
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a roasting tray. Drizzle the oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper over the potatoes. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes in oven or until tender.
- Take sweet potatoes out of the oven and transfer them to a serving platter. Drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil.
Recipe courtesy of: Foodnetwork.com
Photo courtesy: Su-Lin