Recipe: Romano’s Macaroni Grill Foccacia
- 9 tablespoons Olive oil (divided use)
- 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsifted semolina flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon quick-rising dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup hot (between 120 and 130 degrees) milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- Pour a scant tablespoon of the olive oil into a 9″-square cake pan; spread evenly to cover bottom and sides.
- Place all-purpose flour, semolina flour, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and all of the yeast in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook. (The mixing can be done by hand as well.)
- Blend ingredients on medium speed. Reduce speed to low and slowly add hot milk.
- Raise the speed to medium and continue mixing for 5 minutes (knead about 8 to 10 minutes by hand).
- Sprinkle bottom of cake pan with a little flour. Remove dough from bowl and spread out evenly in pan.
- Cover with a towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove towel. Brush dough with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle top with additional salt and rosemary.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining oil.