Summary: My hubby loves Salisbury Steak, but I can honestly say that I’ve never tried it before now. Let me tell you…I was missing out. It was tender and moist and the mushroom gravy took it over the top! This is a Sandra Lee recipe so it’s fast and easy on the wallet.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (93/7)
- 1 – 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp McCormick Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 – 8 oz pkg mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1/2 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, 1/4 can cream of mushroom soup, bread crumbs, egg, onions, and steak seasoning. Form into 4 oval patties and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet over medium high heat, add 1 Tbsp canola oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Brown both sides of the patties and remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp butter to the skillet and saute the mushrooms over medium heat until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the beef broth, gravy mix, remaining cream of mushroom soup, rosemary, and black pepper to taste, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the browned patties back to the skillet and spoon the gravy over top. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 5
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: BigMamasHomeKitchen