Summary: Use delicious and healthy fresh salmon to make these healthy burgers.
- For the burgers
- 2 lbs. fresh salmon, coarsely chopped in the food processor and skin removed
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup fresh dill (1 cup before chopping or a large handful)
- the zest of 1 lemon
- the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons capers
- salt and pepper
- vegetable or olive oil for cooking
- For the sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise (optional) plain yogurt instead of mayo
- 3 tablespoons dill relish
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- the juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground mustard
- Other ingredients
- fresh hamburger rolls
- Place all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well, set aside.
- Place onion, garlic, and dill in food processor. Blend until onion and dill are very fine. Combine these ingredients in a large bowl with coarsely chopped salmon, the zest of 1 lemon, the juice of 1/2 a lemon, 1 egg, 1 cup bread crumbs and salt and pepper. Mix well. Take 1/2 cup filling at a time and form into patties.
- Preheat skillet or grill. Brush or drizzle with oil. Cook burgers for 2 – 3 minutes on each side. Serve on warm buns topped with dill tarter sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Babble