Recipe: Sausage and Scrambled Egg Pizza
Summary: I wanted to make something special. So I threw together a delicious sausage and egg breakfast pizza.
- One ball fresh pizza dough (I used Basic Pizza Dough for the pic above)
- cornmeal to sprinkle on pizza stone
- 1 pound hot ground pork sausage
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- One 16-ounce jar salsa
- One 8-ounce package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- sour cream (optional)
For instructions please visit: RecipeGirl.com
*To lighten this recipe, try using reduced-fat sausage, egg substitute, reduced-fat shredded cheese, and low fat sour cream.
*If you do not have a pizza stone, use a pizza pan or cookie sheet instead. Just be sure to sprinkle the pan with cornmeal before placing the dough, and don’t preheat the pan in the oven as you would the stone.
Preparation time: 35 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8