Recipe: Savory Peach Salad
- 1 small sweet onion (use your judgment, if you’re not a huge onion person, use half.)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 4 peaches
- small bunch arugula
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup cubed feta
- salt and pepper
- Slice the onion in quarters and cut into very delicate rings. Place in a small bowl. Add vinegars, olive oil, and lemon juice to the onion bowl, stir and let sit while you prepare the salad, stirring occasionally.
- Cut corn kernels off the cob into a large salad bowl. Cut peaches in one-inch squares and add to salad bowl.
- Wash arugula well and add, along with basil leaves.
- Cook bacon until crisp and crumble or dice. Add bacon and feta to the salad, then the onions and their liquid. Toss well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo credit: Maggie Hoffman / flickr.com / CC BY