Here’s a great scalloped potato recipe that’s so easy and absolutely delicious. The leftovers are just as good.
Scrumptous Scalloped Potatoes
Here's a great scalloped potato recipe that's so easy and absolutely delicious. The leftovers are just as good.
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, save some to sprinkle on top
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, save some to sprinkle on top
- paprika to taste
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour. Let sit for a minute. Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk. Season with salt and cayenne. Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk. Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
- Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish. Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Top with some paprika for color and Italian parsley if you have some.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
Photo and Recipe: SouthernFood.com