Recipe: Slow Cooker Asian Style Beef
Summary: Chunks of beef get meltingly tender in the slow cooker, simmered in an Asian-inspired blend of toasted sesame dressing, garlic and teriyaki sauce with cashews.
- 4 green onions
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck or blade roast (2-1/2 lb.), trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 2 red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
- 2 cups snow peas, cut diagonally in half
- 1/2 cup Cashew Halves with Pieces
- Slice onions, keeping the sliced white bottoms and green tops separate. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat; cook 5 min. or until evenly browned, stirring occasionally and adding garlic for the last minute. Stir in teriyaki sauce, bell peppers, crushed pepper and white onion slices. Pour into slow cooker; cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours).
- Mix cornstarch and dressing until blended. Add to slow cooker with snow peas and nuts; stir. Cook, uncovered, 10 min. or until slightly thickened. Top with green onion slices.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: Kraft