Tacos are always a winning dish. This crock pot recipe combines slowly cooked shredded beef with beans to make a delicious taco filling. Top your tacos with diced onions, cilantro, cheese, and green salsa.
Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Tacos
- 2 pounds London broil
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. white vinegar
- 1 can fat free refried beans or black beans
- 1 package 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Chopped tomato
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- Sour cream, salsa, green onions, etc.
- Trim any fat from the meat. Rub seasoning mix over both sides of the meat and place in your slow cooker (crock pot) coated with cooking spray. Add onion, vinegar, peppers and garlic. If you like a little heat, leave a few of the seeds in with the jalapenos. Cover and cook on low heat setting for about 9 hours. Remove the meat from the cooker. Reserve the cooking liquid. Shred the meat with two forks and place back in the liquid to reheat.
- Warm the beans and tortillas according to directions. Spread a couple of spoonfuls of beans down the center of a tortilla, spoon the meat mixture on top of the beans. Top with cheese and your favorite garnish, and roll up. YUM! Makes 12 8-inch tortillas.
- I like to dress up refried beans with extra garlic and salsa, or some drained canned corn and extra salsa for the black beans.
Number of servings (yield): 12