Summary: While you’re out and about, this chicken and cheesy potatoes will be simmering away, getting more tender and flavorful in the slow cooker.
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. red potatoes (about 4), very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 8 small bone-in chicken thighs (2 lb.), skin removed or boneless breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 lb. (4 oz.) VELVEETA, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- PLACE peppers in slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray; top with potatoes. Sprinkle paprika over chicken. Place 4 thighs in slow cooker; cover with soup and remaining thighs. Cover with lid.
- COOK on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours).
- USE slotted spoon to transfer chicken and vegetables to platter; cover to keep warm. Set slow cooker on HIGH heat. Add VELVEETA and Worcestershire sauce to reserved liquid in slow cooker; stir. Cover with lid; cook 5 min. Stir until VELVEETA is completely melted and sauce is well blended. Spoon over chicken and vegetables; top with parsley.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: Kraft Recipes