Summary: Slow cooked and savory, this dish is perfect for any night of the week, and is sure to become a staple in your home.
- 6-8 skinless chicken thighs (bone in preferably)
- 1 1/2 lbs of small to medium crimini or button mushrooms (cleaned)
- 1 large onion diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups of chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ tsp of dried thyme
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp of pepper
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Arrange chicken pieces on the bottom of slow cooker. Add the mushrooms, onions, garlic and spices. Add chicken broth.
- Cook on low heat for 5-7 hours stirring.
- About 30 minutes prior to being done, remove bay leaves. Mix cornstarch in a small amount of cold water. Add to slow cooker and mix well to get sauce to thicken.