Summary: Action-packed days of fun sometimes mean coming home hungry and tired, plan ahead with your slow cooker!
- 1 (6 1/2-inch) whole wheat pita, cut in half to make pockets (I recommend Trader Joe’s Pita Pocket Bread – Organic, 100% Whole Wheat)
- 3 oz cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. chopped red onion (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 oz)
1. In slow-cooker, combine onion, garlic, chicken, lemon pepper, oregano, and allspice; mix to coat chicken with seasoning.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4–6 hours.
3. Heat pita bread as directed on package. Meanwhile, remove chicken from slow-cooker; place on cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken.
4. To serve, stir yogurt into onion mixture in slow-cooker. Spoon chicken onto warm pita bread. With slotted spoon, transfer onion mixture onto chicken; top with tomato, cucumber, and red pepper strips.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: ldsliving.com