Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken What2Cook – Best of 2013 – Number 6 shared more than 65,000 times count down to #1 on New Years Eve.
Summary: Serve the chicken over rice, you don’t want any of that delicious, sticky sauce going to waste. And because we are all trying to be healthier make sure to serve lots of fresh stir fried vegetables on the side.Text from
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (or leg quarters)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Place chicken in the crockpot.
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Pour over chicken and cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, chop into cubes, and set aside.
- Strain the cooking liquid into a skillet and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and water until combined.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture to boiling liquid and reduce to a simmer. Allow sauce to thicken for 2-3 minutes then toss the chicken back in.
- Coat chicken with sauce and let heat through.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe adapted from: SupperforaSteal.com