A couple of months ago, I bought a church cookbook from a lady at my church.. and my eyes were immediately drawn to a recipe called Snickers Salad, for obvious reasons. I had never heard of Snickers Salad, which is surprising, because it’s drenched in Cool Whip, and it’s a widely known fact that desserts drenched in Cool Whip grace every southern function that has food, from church homecomings to after-the-mud-bog-eatin’s, to many, many more.
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 full size Snickers bars, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 3 small green apples, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup or more caramel ice cream topping
- Stir together the Cool Whip, powdered sugar, and vanilla
- until smooth. Add the Snickers bars,
- apples, and peanuts; stir to evenly coat.
- Drizzle the top with caramel topping.
Recipe and Photo credit: Loriesmississippikitchen.com / CC BY