Southern Chili Cheese Bologna Burger
- 4 slices (approx 3/8 inch thick) top quality bologna
- 1/4 cup chili (with or without beans)
- 4 slices American cheese (I used white; yellow would be fine also)
- 2 burger rolls or kaiser rolls
- Spicy brown mustard
- Bread & butter-style pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- Plain corn chips
- Pan-fry or grill the bologna slices until browned to desired color. While the bologna is cooking, heat up the chili.
- Flip the bologna and top with cheese; when it’s is nearly ready, lightly toast the rolls.
- Starting with the bottom bun, assemble as follow: mustard, pickles, bologna, cheese, bologna, cheese, chili, onions, corn chips, mustard, top bun.
Photo credit: Doug DuCap Food and Travel / flickr.com / CC BY-NC-SA