Summary: This comes out real yummy and the chicken gets so tender. Southern Comfort is a mixture of Bourbon and orange/fruit. I serve this over white rice.
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or Kosher salt)
- 1/4 cup Southern Comfort
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In deep, nonstick pan, heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Rub salt onto chicken breasts. Saute garlic in pan until slightly browned. Brown chicken pieces ( both sides ) in oil.
- Place chicken breasts in 9 x 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Add pepper, brown sugar, sage, rosemary, thyme and flour to pan and mix/cook for 1 minute over medium.
- Add Southern Comfort and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let dish sit ( keep covered) for 10 minutes minimum.
- Remove cover spoon sauce over chicken and serve over rice or with a side of mash potatoes and your favorite vegetable.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Food.com