The sausage is cut into bite sized pieces and browned. Then served in a sauce of pineapple, brown sugar, and creole mustard…out of a crock pot.
Spicy and Sweet Smoked Sausage
The sausage is cut into bite sized pieces and browned. Then served in a sauce of pineapple, brown sugar, and creole mustard...out of a crock pot.
- 2 lbs spicy smoked sausage (I use Conecuh)
- 1- 8 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbs creole mustard
- Cut the sausage into bite sized pieces. In a large skillet add a small amount of oil and brown the sausage in two batches.
- Remove the sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon and place into a chafing dish or crock pot. In a small sauce pan combine the crushed pineapple, brown sugar, and creole mustard.
- Bring to a boil; boil just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the sausage and stir to coat the sausage. Keep warm in chafing dish or crock pot for serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Bo’s-Bowl