Recipe: Spicy Black Bean Hummus
Summary: “Wow” your guests at your next gathering with this super easy and delicious spicy black bean hummus.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) bag pita chips (such as Stacy’s Simply Naked)
- Place garlic in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add lemon juice, tahini, cumin, salt, black beans, jalapeño pepper, and crushed red pepper; process until smooth.
- Spoon bean mixture into a medium bowl, and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with ground red pepper. Serve with pita chips.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: MyRecipes