Trending spice alert! Harissa is a super-versatile North African condiment made from hot peppers, spices, and more. Try this zingy paste to kick it up! A refreshing honey-yogurt-harissa sauce is an unexpected addition to this burger recipe, courtesy of Brooke Williamson and Nick Roberts of The Tripel in Playa Del Rey, California.
Spicy Moroccan Lamb Burger
Trending spice alert! Harissa is a super-versatile North African condiment made from hot peppers, spices, and more. Try this zingy paste to kick it up!
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 qt plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- 2 ea cucumbers (if using your favorite pickle skip this section)
- ½ ea. red onion
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 10 lbs ground lamb
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 oz honey
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- Yields 20 patties
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Then measure the mixture in to 8 oz portion balls and form into a patty shape. Once your grill is hot, season the lamb patty with salt and black pepper and place on grill.
- Cook on each side for four to five minutes. Once cooked through, remove from heat and let rest for three to four minutes. While the burger is resting, toast bun on grill.
- After toasting, spread a thin layer of the yogurt sauce on the top and bottom pieces of the bun. Place the rested burger on the bottom of the bun. Place the cucumbers on the burger and add the top bun to finish.
If you don’t need to feed 20 people just divide down everything in half for 10 or in half again for 5
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: Readers Digest