Recipe: Spinach Pouch
Summary: An appetizer that is so easy to make. I used four main ingredients, the filling can be easily substituted with whatever is readily available. The filling can also be changed into a sweet filling to make it a dessert instead of an appetizer.
- 1 box (10 oz) Frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Large size wonton wrappers
- oil for frying
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. In a bowl, placed squeeze-dried spinach. Fluff them up to loosen.
2. Add cream cheese and ricotta cheese. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
4. To wrap: Take a teaspoon full of the filling and place it in the middle of the wonton wrappers. Gather the corners to create a pouch. Take small strips of the cut wonton and use it to tie the corners together. Be careful not to break the tie. Do this until all the filling has been used.
6. Heat oil in a pan. When oil is hot, place a few of the pouch and fry until golden in color. NOTE: Fry only a few at a time so as not to lower the oil temperature and not to over crowd the pan. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil. Transfer to a serving platter and serve warm.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 10
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: Jinkzz Kitchen