Recipe: Spinach-Ravioli Lasagna
Summary: Frozen cheese-filled ravioli brings this lasagna to the dinner table in 45 minutes – a spin on the Italian classic featuring spinach, pesto and Alfredo sauce.
- 6 oz. pkg. fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 c. pesto sauce
- 15 ox. jar Alfredo sauce or make your own Olive Garden style
- 1/4 c. vegetable broth
- 25 oz. pkg. frozen cheese-filled ravioli (do not thaw)
- 1 c. shredded Italian 6 cheese blend
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil and paprika
- Chop spinach and toss with pesto in a medium bowl. Combine Alfredo sauce and vegetable broth.
- Spoon 1/3 of Alfredo sauce mixture (about 1/2 cup) into a lightly greased 2 quart or 11”x7” baking dish.
- Top with half of spinach mixture. Arrange half of ravioli in a single layer over spinach mixture. Repeat layers once.
- Top with remaining Alfredo sauce. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 5 minutes, until hot and bubbly. sprinkle with basil and paprika Serves 6 to 8.
Note: You could certainly add some ground beef or Italian Sausage cook through and mix in with with first 1/3 cup of sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: GooseBerryPatch.com