A simple popular recipe. I sometimes do the glaze or just dust with powder sugar. Chopped Pistachios folded into the batter is a great addition but not necessary. I make this every Saint Patrick’s Day as my husband is Irish.. I add green food coloring drops to make it more festive and bring out the “Green” on the holiday!
St. Patricks Pistachio Bundt Cake
I make this every Saint Patrick’s Day as my husband is Irish.. I add green food coloring drops to make it more festive and bring out the “Green” on the holiday!
- 1 box betty crocker super moist yellow cake mix
- 2 pkg 3.4 oz. each of instant pistachio pudding
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 drops of green food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cups chopped pistachios (optional)
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter softened
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mixes, water, eggs, food coloring and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Add pistachios if desired.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. bundt cake pan. Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients, adding enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Or dust with Powdered Sugar instead of glaze.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: JustaPinch.com