Summary: This mouth-watering filet is infused with herbs and topped off with the most enticing flavor of Gorgonzola cheese.
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin or small rib eye steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Spoon Worcestershire sauce over both sides of steaks; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle garlic and pepper over steaks.
- Place steaks on rack of broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source, 3 to 4 minutes per side, for medium-rare steak.
- Remove pan from broiler. Sprinkle thyme, then cheese over steaks. Return to oven and broil 2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: EatWisconsinCheese.com