Recipe: Stove-Top Tamale Pie
Summary: Your whole family will be digging into this hearty taco meat and bean mixture. The topping of corn bread and Cheddar cheese makes it especially delicious.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 packages McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- 2. Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomato sauce, beans and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package. Drop small spoonfuls of batter over meat mixture. Cover.
- 4. Cook on medium-low heat 15 minutes or until corn bread is cooked through. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Cover. Cook on low heat until cheese is melted.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Photo and Recipe adapted from: Mccormick.com