Recipe: Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles
Summary: The “shortcake” is actually Nilla wafers!
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 cup crushed Nilla wafers
- 2 cups plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey (more if desired)
- 12 6 oz. Dixie cups
- wooden popsicle sticks
- In a medium bowl, combine the crushed Nilla wafers, yogurt, and honey. Set out 12 6 oz. Dixie cups, and fill each one with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture. Set in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, puree the berries. Divide the berries among the 12 cups, and freeze for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, divide the remaining yogurt mixture among the cups, add a popsicle stick to each one, and chill completely, several hours or more.
- To serve, simply cut or tear the cup off.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe adapted from babble.com