Recipe: Strawberry Sweethearts Cocoa
Summary: Make your sweetheart feel like a newlywed this year with this simple melted ice cream cocoa, served in chocolate-dipped mugs for an extra-special treat.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- 4 cups water
- Whipped cream
- 1 cup Mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- In a medium-sized bowl, melt the chocolate chips and dip the top of four mugs into the chocolate. Set aside, allowing chocolate to harden.
- In a medium pot, whisk together the butter, sugar, and ice cream over medium high heat until melted. Whisk in the water, one cup at a time until your favorite texture/flavor is achieved.
- Heat just until steaming. Pour into chocolate-rimmed mugs. Garnish with a dollop of whipping cream and a sprinkling of chocolate sprinkles. Serve with your favorite bite-sized cookies for dipping. Happy Valentines Day!
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
guest post on Babble.com